Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tele and SMS marketing.

Tele-marketers are a real pain in the ass. Until recently they were considered acceptable yet irritating. But now, they have become unbearable because except Chat Bhandars and Pan Shops, every company does Tele Marketing. They call at the wrongest of the hours and occasions and rob you of your mental peace faster than Arnab Goswami. The other day I was watching a movie with a friend and I got a call offering me open plots at a place 60 kms away from Hyderabad. I bargained for Rs. 5 a square yard and then she had to hang up.
Insurance and credit cards selling women on telephone have a style of their own. Let's see what are the most frequently used lines they use and what they actually mean
  • We're offering a life-time free credit card - (We want to screw you for life)
  • This is regarding wealth management - (Lose your money in three easy steps) 
  • This is regarding Financial Planning - (We're here to confuse you)
  • You are a valuable customer - (We aren't done squeezing you yet)
  • We are offering personal loans - (Slavery on offer for limited period. Interested?)
  • We have some exciting insurance products - (Exciting insurance products is like saying Masculine Ranbir Kapoor)
  • Would you be interested in investment opportunities? - (Do you hate money?)
  • Do you own any credit card? ( Aren't you in deep shit already?)

Marketing Monkeys all over India think that anything can be sold by tele-calling. Insurance, Banking, Real Estate is still ok. Here is a list of things that are being sold today and make absolutely no sense at all.
  • 'Bachpan' play school lady called me in the afternoon and asked, "Do you have children from 3 to 7 yrs old who need admission in a playschool?". I said, "No. My daughter is 5 months old.", She said, "Ok sir, I will call you after two years." WTF?
  • Hetero Pharmacy lady called me and asked, "Do you need any medicines?" (WHY THE F*** should anyone need medicines and you're calling me to sell medicines?) Kill that marketing joker.
  • Weight loss packages sold on phone, "Are you fit enough?", I wanted to say, "Ask your sister." (apologies, but couldn't help writing this one)
Another dumb thing invented is SMSes marketing. Some of the dumbest SMSes I got are.
  • Unhappy? Worried? Make new friends (Thank you, I have enough friends. Why don't you honestly say 'Meet new f*** buddies')
  • Free UK Visa. Study in UK. Spot Admissions (Not interested in begging abroad.)
  • MBA from Sikkim Manipal University (Another MBA? Thank you. Already ruined once. No way.)
  • Buy one meduim pizza, get one cock free, Buy one large pizza, gat two cocks free. (Pizza Den, you need English Guru)
  • Good news, beat the recession, HDFC offers personal loans....(How can you best the recession with a personal loan? It is like saying eat Masala Dosa and get a high. Assholes.)
  • Your phone no was chosen for a $ 234,999,000 reward. (Nigerian Scam now on GSM and CDMA)
- Deepak Karamungikar

12 comments:

Me Inc said...

Same pinch...same to same SMSes naaku vachaai :)

Actually im tired of praising u...recall all my compliments I gave u till today :)

Venkat Parthasarathy said...

Non Stop laughter - Mazaa aa gaya !

Anonymous said...

I second your reactions... I say everything I can except abusing them...They are real pain in the a*s.. loved you could put so many thoughts together to write this.. Awesome read....

shishir said...

Fun-tastic!!!

Diabolic Preacher said...

one's gotta keep this post handy and when a telemarketer calls next and starts one of the dialogues you reply back "ah! yes I knew you were going to say that!! Guess what am gonna do..." ... *click* (DUH!) :P

AK(Anirudh Koppula) said...

Cock free?? hahahaha ohhh my goddd...

Yeahhh u shdve mentioned your own service provdr callng u...congratulations u've won some fucking caller tune or some nonsense is awaiting u etc etc...

hopeless janta

Varun said...

Another MBA? Thank you. Already ruined once. No way :D

Ha ha ha!!

Pizza Hut Delivery System, or as they call it - the PimpMobile :d

Awesome!

Harishankar said...

First time I differ from your observation.

If you do not like it, Pl ignore.

I too do tele marketing, I too do sms marketing.

Really it is way of doing business,lot of hit and I may get one business.

I know you do not like me calling in hard hours but I have to win my bread .

Very costly print medium adv costs, and very high expectation from bosses will make marketing guys to look for a medium to do promotion.

If u do not like to receive calls, tell them many a times, you are not going to loose anything.

Remember sometimes you may also look to invest some thing in insurance who knows.

I know it is like looking for a virgin in a brothel home still I try to look for it.

Regards
Harishankar

kalpataru45 said...

If i got a dollar for every time i wished to kill the tele-marketer..i would have been a millionaire by now

Tavish Chadha(sensible-bakwas.com) said...

LMAO! seriously baap its getting on my nerves too now... i mean everytime these brainless buggers call, i feel like asking them to get a life and if they cant let me have mine at least... bloody moron...

Anyways I had a nice laugh...

Cheers!
Tavish

Ravi said...

wow..wow.. wow...
better then expected...
:)

Pradnya said...

very true.....they r really irritating when u r seriously at ur work n suddenly u get such calls....feel like killing them.....btw my phone no. has been winning lot of prizes off late......planning to change my no. :(

good one again!!