Monday, May 24, 2010

At the bar

We're all aware that people who get drunk behave differently while they're high. But, there are some finer aspects of this behavior which one gets to see when the heat is on. When a group of young corporate executives go for a drink, this is what you get to see
  • If two or more waiters say hello to one of the guys, it means that he's a regular there and will end up drinking most. Also notice that he will order for drinks without looking at the menu
  • Suddenly one of the guys starts talking louder than usual - don't offer him more drinks. He's done
  • At the table, everyone becomes a close friend and hug each other
  • The waiter becomes a close friend too 
  • Even the lamest office joke like "Aah, he is so tall, that he doesn't fit in his cabin" is LMAOed and ROTFLed and repeated until the neighboring tables object or walk-out
  • One of the guys will go on pretext of a phone call, puke and come back and say, "Dude, let's have another beer"
  • Career advice is free that night
  • Family problems advice comes faster than time taken by Dinesh Karthik to return to pavillion
  • Philosophical statements often heard
    • He doesn't know the true value of friendship
    • I had two choices, I joined this company and screwed up
    • I made many mistakes in my life
    • Your true love will come back to you 
    • I have taken enough shit now
    • I want a tension-free life
    • I hate this job
  • Philanthropic statements often heard 
    • You send me your resume, I'll take care
    • Tell me how much money you need
    • Any time of the day, just call me once
    • You can take my car
    • I'll help you finish that documentation. Just send it to me
    • We can all go to my farmhouse next time
  • Instant revelations after 4 pegs by occasional drinkers
    • My uncle is the police commissioner
    • I met A R Rahman in Chennai airport
    • The present MLA is aunt's classmate
    • I'm very particular about the brands I wear - I buy only Nike
    • I can drink a full bottle of whiskey and can stand up straight
    • I have had about 9 girlfriends
    • I lost my virginity in 10th class
    • My cousin is very rich - drives a Scorpio
    • My grandfather had 200 acres of agricultural land. Relatives snatched everything. Even today, even if you just tell his name, everyone recognizes
    • I am steady.
- Deepak Karamungikar

9 comments:

IIM ka Sarkari Babu said...

"I can drink a full bottle of whiskey and can stand up straight" - I can really do that dude! Atleast mentally I can stand up straight, not physically :D

Sainath said...

LOL spot on man..
I can drink a full bottle of whiskey and can stand up straight
and
I am steady
are gud ones...

Ravi said...

ha ha ha..good one... always there will be the cousin shit in bar party discussions..like my cousin is that..my cousin is this..his friend.. :)

AK(Anirudh Koppula) said...

I'm steady...I don't need anyone's support. Waiter pe chillana...takign all on earth's frustration in the bar goddd

hahahah...every bit of what you've penned can be seen every weekend in any bar ...

Pushkar Karamungikar said...

LMAO Awesome

rajasekhar said...

Drunk... Drunken..... Drunkest....

ess sus meeee ..

Venkat Parthasarathy said...

Well if not anything - your posts seem to be making waves and catching up fans faster than time taken by Dinesh Karthik to return to pavillion

Your sense of humour and the dig on Karthik are always awesome and believe me very identifiable.

Keep going - Kudos !

Harishankar said...

Deepak

I m not use to it. Believe me i m not in bar.

My grandfather has 200 acres of land.

we will go to farm house.

Really true with a glass of whisky.

Kamal Rathi said...

haha..ekdum sahi observations