Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thank you all...


What I did today is going to leave my heart heavy for a long time. I have just taken my short story blog, 'Stochastic Chronology' off the internet. It has been quite a journey from 'No Tears Yet' in Feb 2009 to 'Alighted Doves' in Aug 2010. I received compliments for some of my stories and have been criticized for some. There were bloopers too. It was all in the game. I have always strived to tell good stories in the best way possible. Ram Gopal Varma, one of my inspirations, once wrote on his blog, 'There are no bad stories, only bad storytellers'.

19 months and 19 stories later, after a lot of crests and troughs, the time has come. My short stories will now be published as an anthology under the name 'Love at first sight and other stories' (tentative title).  I feel happy that the stories will reach out to a wider audience but also feel sad that they will not be accessible online anymore. And thus, http://desibert.blogspot.com will not be the same anymore.

It excites me that my name will soon appear in the 'Author' column in the library management software but I am also nervous. One person who has done a brilliant job of keeping me encouraged is my best friend Durga Ram. If it wasn't for him, Stochastic Chronology would have been long buried. Also, the people who have given me immense confidence are...

  1. Achala Yamini
  2. Haritha Burra
  3. VP Srinivas 
  4. Venkat Parthasarathy
  5. Suhas Inamdar, Subodh Inamdar and Sanjay Indamdar
  6. Anirudh Reddy Koppula
  7. Varun Reddy Sevva (IIM ka Sarkari Babu)
  8. Meena Sunderrajan
  9. Fazil Biabani
  10. Lalli, Gunni and Soni
  11. Kaushik Sudheendra and Omkar Das
  12. Lalit Aditya
  13. Kamal Rathi
  14. Ravi Reddy Kallem
  15. Pavan Atukuri
  16. Sumitra Chakravarti 
Special thanks to all of you and many others who have given your valuable inputs over these months. 
(List is not exhaustive. Apologies to those whose names I couldn't think of while writing this post.)
The book will be available in about 30-45 days from now. While I am confident that it will do well, I request all of you to get a copy and recommend this book to your friends, cousins, etc. ( I have done an MBA in Marketing. Had to say this :P ) Thank you once again.
However, the ramble on ECHOES will go on as usual with my thoughts and observations on life, people and almost everything around us. 

Love,
Deepak Karamungikar

16 comments:

prem said...

All the very Best Brother

pavan said...

you left my name toooooooooooooo

AK(Anirudh Koppula) said...

Yup waiting for d copy...it's great to hear and i saw this coming anywys ;)

keep it goin

Lalit said...

Deepak,

I guess this blog was one of the nice things to take the stress off and pull your concentration out of the tensions.

My suggestion is to name your book the same as the blog and that will also attract the same craze and recognition in the times to come.

You have a long way to go and I am sure you will reach there...

Good luck and god bless!!

Luv Lalit

IIM ka Sarkari Babu said...

I want an author-signed copy... With loads of good wishes and words for me :P Thank you for the mention :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the acknowledgment da! We need to get your autograph before you become too big for us to catch :)

Pavan atukuri

rajasekhar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rajasekhar said...

I would like to see

Screenplay

"DEEPAK KARAMUNGIKAR"

on silver screen... Our's is pls..

Achala said...

Would miss reading your stories online. Honored to have found a place in the list.
And yeah, I want an autographed copy of the book :)

shishir said...

There are very few interesting blogs on the internet tht can keep 1 glued to his/her seat, and i coin this 1 among them.

Stunning story lines followed by stiffing hot narrations was the stand out part of this blog.

Thank you sir for those mind rattling stories. Will miss them for sure.

Ravi said...

wow wow wow.. great to see my name in that list :)
I wish u all the best mama...
and i too want an author signed copy :)

gunni said...

great news deepu. You deserve this. Congratulations to you and your family. We all are proud of you. And I need author-signed copy.

Harishankar said...

All the very best . Sure that i will recommend your book to my friends and cousins not for you being an MBA marketing but for the stuff it contains.

I thoroughly enjoyed your writings and I miss them on line of course.

Nevertheless, you need to claim up the ladder that is my wish and prayer.

God bless you Deepak

Aditya said...

we'd get to see a book or a Kindle version soon :)

Venkat Parthasarathy said...

Way to go Mr. Author.

Wishing you the best in your rndeavours as always.

Kudos :)

Pradnya said...

wow!! congrats.....wish you all the best.....wish you.... many more books in future :)....keep writing