Thursday, October 13, 2011

Daughter

To my daughter, Akshata.


Beyond all joys lies your smile
Hours with you seem like a while
 Heart skips a beat every time you fumble
Moments fill with glee when you vaguely mumble
Chest fills with pride every time you run
I'd fall ten times to save you from one
Thorns prick my heart when i hear you say bye
In the silence of my solitude, i remember and cry
Innocence in your eyes melts my heart
How do I express, where do I start?
Your chuckle is where my happiness begins
Troubles have forgotten me ever since
I thank the Lord for painting my life golden
Of all the homes, he chose mine to brighten 

- Deepak Karamungikar

14 comments:

Me Inc said...

Beautiful. Emotional. Touching.

Chest fills with pride every time you run
I'd fall ten times to save you from one

Loved those lines.


...I thank the Lord for painting my life golden
Of all the homes, he chose mine to brighten...

These last lines brought tears...I am speechless !

Me Inc said...

Phani also wrote a song for Mugdha and I sing that to her daily. She loves it and also hums it along with me :)

Daughters are Dad's darlings and that makes us luckiest :)

rajasekhar said...

Will Save this Page.....

Achala said...

I thank the Lord for painting my life golden
Of all the homes, he chose mine to brighten

Beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lines

Regards,
J
http://mycreationz.wordpress.com

Kiranmai Bavirisetti said...

Beautiful. Am getting a poster done of this. Using for my niece's birthday. Hope u dont mind :)

Wil give u credits surely. :)

Gaurav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Upasana said...

That previous comment was actually mine.Due to some gmail hiccup it got sent thru my brothers

I am speechless.It really is one of the most beautiful poems i have read.I am a fan.

http://myblawghh.blogspot.com

Venkat Parthasarathy said...

I am Blessed, I am the Super Dad to my Super Daughter Adithi !

God Bless You for bringing this out as an ode to the daughters of the World!

DK ~ Heart filling poetry!

POOJA... said...

wow... very touchy...
very very nice lines...
m also PAPA's daughter... :)

Resourceful-Direct Dil Se said...

Lovely

Praveen kumar said...

Excellent poetry....I remember my Cute Daugher "Anagha" while reading these lines.

Haritha said...

Excellent!! For daughters, Dad are always heroes!

Vjta said...

WoW :)